Welcome to this week’s Hodgepodge! Each Tuesday Joyce posts the questions here, and Wednesday anyone who wants to participate posts their answers. Feel free to join us!
1. Share one thing that really makes your day.
Making someone I love laugh. It brings me joy to bring a smile to his or her face 🙂
2. Lots of these kinds of lists out there, but one found here says the fifteen most colorful places on earth are:
Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy~Burano, Italy~Havana, Cuba~Rio de Janiero, Brazil~Chefchaouen, Morocco~Balat, Istanbul, Turkey~Menton, France~Jodhpur, India~La Baca, Buenos Aires, Argentina~Guanajuato, Mexico~Capetown, South Africa~Valparaiso, Chile~Wroclaw, Poland~San Francisco, California~and Pelourhino, Salvador, Brazil.
Of those listed which would you most like to see up close and in person? Of all the places you’ve seen or traveled in your own life, what would you say was one of the most colorful?
I would probably most love to see Italy, mostly because of all the history in Europe and I’m a bit of a traditionalist. Second choice would be San Francisco.
One of the most colourful places I’ve traveled to is The Grand Canyon – lots of colour in the layers of rock, also in the cacti and shrubbery, the sky, and the Colorado River which runs through the canyon. Florida was also very colourful, as was Vancouver in May.
3. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” Jack Canfield In general, would you agree or disagree with that statement? Why?
I agree with Joyce: I think there’s some truth in the saying, but hesitate to use the word everything. Sometimes what I want is on the other side of laziness, ahem.
4. Imagine you’re stranded on a desert island and dessert appears…what do you hope it is? Do you ever struggle to remember which spelling is desert and which is dessert?
I hope dessert is cherry pie. And I never struggle to remember which spelling is desert and which is dessert. A desert is barren (missing an s) and a dessert is often rich (having a double s).
5. What song almost always makes you cry?
How Great Thou Art, for sure.
6. January is National Soup Month. Everything from soup to nuts, in the soup, thick as pea soup, souped up…which saying most recently applies to your life in some way? Explain.
Hard question to answer. ‘Everything from soup to nuts,’ I guess. Trying to get a handle on a variety of areas in my life.
7. Write a two word note to your younger self. What does it say?
Put God first.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Trying to decide where to spend our holiday this year. Some of the places we’re considering? A Caribbean island, Hawaii, British Columbia, Caribbean cruise, Alaska cruise. If anyone has any experience with any of these and can offer some feedback, would be deeply grateful. We’ve never cruised before and never been to any of these places (I’ve been to BC, but my husband has not). Thanks in advance!