Welcome to this week’s Hodgepodge! Each Tuesday Joyce posts the questions here, and Wednesday anyone who wants to participate posts their answers. Feel free to join us!
1. When did you last ‘skate on thin ice’, ‘skate over the details’, ‘encounter a cheapskate’, or just plain skate?
I don’t know why this question insists on being a different colour from the rest and I’m not sufficiently well-versed in WordPress to figure out how to change it. Does this mean I’ve skated over some details?
2. What would you say is the biggest problem of people your age?
We’re too busy, with too many obligations – spouse, children, elderly parents, jobs, chores. Not enough time for friends or the things we would like to be doing.
3. What’s your favorite accessory? Is it something you wear every day, often, or only on special occasions?
I’m not a big accessory person, but I do try to wear a necklace when I go to work or church to brighten up the blah.
4. January 20th is National Cheese Lover’s Day. Are you a lover of cheese? What’s your favorite dish made with cheese? Last thing you ate that contained some kind of cheese?
The last thing I ate that contained cheese was a Tuscan chicken sandwich at a local fast-food franchise. My favourite dish made with cheese is probably lasagna. I’m not a big cheese fan. When I have cheese today, it’s usually non-dairy Daiya brand.
5. What’s something guaranteed to make you roll your eyes?
When people who have no reason to complain about their lot in life do so. The majority of us have it better than most of the world’s population.
6. Your favorite book series?
That’s a tough call. My immediate thought was the Anne of Green Gables series, but then I remembered The Chronicles of Narnia.
7. Why did you choose your profession?
I loved reading, writing and books 🙂
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’ve been trying to follow the rules for reading and commenting on the blog linked before mine on the Hodgepodge, but with limited success. For some reason blogspot doesn’t seem to like my WordPress handle. So forgive me if you’re with blogger and I’m not able to leave a comment; I am reading (and no doubt enjoying!) your post.